Recipe by Denver Chef
This is the only cheese fondue we ever make. Caution...make it once and you'll be craving it constantly!
Top Review by sheepdoc
I've never had fondue so I don't know if this is the way it is supposed to be but it seemed like it would have been better on macaroni. It was pretty good cheese sauce but didn't stick to/soak into the bread. I'm going to put the leftovers on broccoli tomorrow. Used chicken boullion instead of beer, 1/2 sharp cheddar and 1/2 velveeta. It was too salty and too thick, so added about 1/2 c milk. No MSG, so no Accent.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (8 ounce) can beer
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix a teaspoon or so of the flour with the cheese.
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Mix in flour.
- Gradually add beer, then Accent, salt, mustard and worcestershire sauce.
- Stir occasionally until sauce thickens and comes to a slow boil.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with bread cubes, veggies and whatever else you love with cheese.