Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of my favorite breads for sandwiches, especially grilled cheese and tomato.
- 1 package yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese (at room temperature)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- Place ingredients in the machine according to your specific instructions.
- I have a Breadman and I put the liquid into the machine first, then the remaining ingredients.
- This makes 1 1/2 lb loaf at white bread setting.
This was great! I added a little granulated garlic and dried basil with the dry ingredients. I set the machine for the dough cycle and then baked in the oven. Thanks for the wonderful recipe, I'll be making this often!
I just made it today and it was super! I did take the advice of others to reduce the water 1/8 cup for fear of it collapsing. It didn't. The taste was better than I expected too. I used the dough setting and put it in a glass bread/loaf pan. I baked it with the advice given on the message boards and it was nicely browned on top and done on the inside too. My family didn't want to wait for it to cool because they were tempted with the toasty cheese smell. I haven't tried it as toast yet, but I will. This one is a keeper!<br/>Thanks for sharing it!
this baked up just great in my breadman! sliced up easily, and we just served this with butter and cheese, with a hearty soup, in front of the fireplace, good deal!