Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor and blend.
- Add butter and cut in, using pulse, until fine meal forms.
- Transfer to large bowl, mix in cheese.
- (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead, cover and chill).
- Mix enough buttermilk into flour mixture to bind dough.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently until combined, about 10 turns.
- Pat out dough to 3/4" thickness.
- Using 3" biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- Gather scraps, pat out to 3/4" thickness and cut additional biscuits.
- Transfer biscuits to ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with egg glaze and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake until golden brown and firm to touch, about 18 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Makes about 10 biscuits.
Oh, Bev, you really struck a chord here with me, I adore cheesey biscuits, and I adored these. Cheddar cheese isn't so strong in this country, so I used a mix of Cheddar and kashkaval, and it was delicious. I also cut them smaller, using a 1 inch round shot glass to cut the rounds. I dipped the whole round in the egg wash and dipped half in poppy seeds and half in sesame seeds. With a little dab of butter spread on them afterwards, these are cheesey heaven!
These were great. I will deff make them again. I made them to small but next time I will know. Also add some garlic powder for some cheesy garlic buns. Only thing is....they are not so good left over. Little tough the next day. Awesome straight out of the oven though
These are fantastic! I made these one Sunday night and my kids had them gone the very next night. I didn't have any poppy seeds, but the flavor was still great. Otherwise I followed the recipe exactly as written. Thank you for posting.