1/11 Photos of Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400F degrees.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients in food processor and blend.
- 3Add butter and cut in, using pulse, until fine meal forms.
- 4Transfer to large bowl, mix in cheese.
- 5(Can be prepared 4 hours ahead, cover and chill).
- 6Mix enough buttermilk into flour mixture to bind dough.
- 7Turn out onto floured surface and knead gently until combined, about 10 turns.
- 8Pat out dough to 3/4" thickness.
- 9Using 3" biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits.
- 10Gather scraps, pat out to 3/4" thickness and cut additional biscuits.
- 11Transfer biscuits to ungreased baking sheet.
- 12Brush biscuits with egg glaze and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- 13Bake until golden brown and firm to touch, about 18 minutes.
- 14Serve warm.
- 15Makes about 10 biscuits.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 406.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.2 g