Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon diced pimento
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup snipped fresh parsley or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts or 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup pecans
- assorted cracker
- Bring the cheese and margarine to room temperature. Add milk, green onions pimiento, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Beat and combine.
- Cover and chill for 24 hours.
- Shape mixture into a ball. Foll in parsley or nuts. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Serve with crackers. Makes 1 1/2 cup spread.
- 41 cal 4 g total fat.
I first found this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook in the '90s except my recipe does not call for pimento. I prefer this recipe with the wine. It is delicious and great for the holidays.