Recipe by Dejah
A crusty, cheesy apple crisp...delicious on a cold winter night in front of a warm fire. Makes the house smell great too!
Top Review by Carmelita R.
Who would think of Cheddar cheese in Apple crisp? I was curious so I baked one years ago while we lived in Georgia. Wow!!!! It was the best ever apple crisp my family ever had. The first batch I made was gone in no time. My husband and kids loved it, they ask for a repeat over and over. I serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....and oh la la.... thank you Dejah. I lost my original recipe but yours is as good as it gets.
- 1 (19 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Spoon the apple filling into a shallow baking dish (1 qt. size works well).
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and milk.
- Stir to blend.
- Spoon the"dough"over the filling.
- Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- This will make 6 servings.
- But because it is so good, I usually double the recipe!