Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A crusty, cheesy apple crisp...delicious on a cold winter night in front of a warm fire. Makes the house smell great too!
- 1 (19 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Spoon the apple filling into a shallow baking dish (1 qt. size works well).
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cheese in a bowl.
- Add the melted butter and milk.
- Stir to blend.
- Spoon the"dough"over the filling.
- Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- This will make 6 servings.
- But because it is so good, I usually double the recipe!
Who would think of Cheddar cheese in Apple crisp? I was curious so I baked one years ago while we lived in Georgia. Wow!!!! It was the best ever apple crisp my family ever had. The first batch I made was gone in no time. My husband and kids loved it, they ask for a repeat over and over. I serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream....and oh la la.... thank you Dejah. I lost my original recipe but yours is as good as it gets.
So easy and SOOOOO good. Needed something quick to take to my mom's for dinner and found this recipe. It is similiar to another that I have using pineapple so tI thought I would try it. NOTHING BUT RAVE REVIEWS from my family! Thanks dejah for sharing!