Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 3⁄4 egg substitute
- 1 ounce low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, canned,chopped
- 5⁄8 cup tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup asparagus, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup white pearl onion, frozen
- 1⁄4 cup salsa (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Place 1/2 tsp olive oil in a non-stick saute pan and heat.
- Add mushrooms and asparagus and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add onions, tomatoes, salsa and cornstarch dissolved in water to form a sauce.
- Heat remaining oil in second non-stick saute pan.
- Add egg subsitute and remaining ingredients.
- Cook until egg is almost set.
- Spoon mushroom mixture onto half of the omelette and fold the other half over.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Lift with spatula onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and serve.