Cheddar Cheese and Mustard Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease muffin cups, or use foil or paper baking cups.
- Thoroughly mix flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in a big bowl.
- Add in cheese; toss flour and cheese with fingers to distribute cheese evenly.
- Whisk egg and mustard in a small bowl.
- When well mixed, whisk in milk and butter; pour over flour mixture; fold in gently with a rubber spatula, just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scoop batter into muffin cups; bake 20-25 minutes, or until springy to the touch in the center.
- Turn out onto rack to cool.