Recipe by JoyfulCook
A delightful Cheese scone with a bit of a zing to really round out the flavour. Everyone enjoys them and they are a favourite either for a light lunch or just a snack! they are a winner at Picnics too. So easy to bake and they freeze well
- 340.19 g self raising flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 56.69 g margarine
- 7.39 ml mustard powder
- 9.85-14.78 ml sambal oelek or 9.85-14.78 ml thick chili sauce
- 141.74 g cheddar cheese, Mature, Grated
- 236.59 ml milk, to mix
- 0.25 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Rub in the margarine. Add the mustard and cheese.
- Stir through well. Add the Sambal or chilli (not sweet) sauce to the milk and mix in well. Add enough of the milk to give a fairly soft dough.
- Roll out to about 1 1/4 inches thick. Cut and brush slightly with milk and add a sprinkling of extra grated cheese on top--not too much.
- Bake in a hot oven (210-220°C) for approximately 7 to 10 minutes.