1/1 Photo of Cheddar Cheese and Chilli Scones
A delightful Cheese scone with a bit of a zing to really round out the flavour. Everyone enjoys them and they are a favourite either for a light lunch or just a snack! they are a winner at Picnics too. So easy to bake and they freeze well
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Rub in the margarine. Add the mustard and cheese.
- 2Stir through well. Add the Sambal or chilli (not sweet) sauce to the milk and mix in well. Add enough of the milk to give a fairly soft dough.
- 3Roll out to about 1 1/4 inches thick. Cut and brush slightly with milk and add a sprinkling of extra grated cheese on top--not too much.
- 4Bake in a hot oven (210-220°C) for approximately 7 to 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Cheese and Chilli Scones
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 373.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: