Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I recently had this at a friend's house, and it was the most popular appetizer there!
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Bisquick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 375.
- Grease a 9x9x2" pan.
- Mix the broccoli, corn, onion and walnuts.
- Place in the pan.
- Beat the remaining ingredients except for the cheese until smooth, stopping frequently to scrape down the sides of the mixer if necessary.
- Pour evenly into the pan on top of the vegetable mixture.
- Bake until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, about 23-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then cut into triangles or squares.
I have to give this recipe 5 stars just for the flavor. I had a little problem - but it was my doing. I used fresh shaved broccoli and this seemed to take a little longer oven time - like by 15 minutes. That meant that I had to be careful that the edge pieces didn't burn so I lightly covered with foil for the last 10 minutes also I had a Bakers Saver under the dish We loved the flavor and I have frozen some to see how they do will report back when next I bake them Thanks Mirj - I can always depend on your recipes 11 Nov 08 I have made these twice, frozen some for 3 months and they were super - Guests asked for the recipe
i made these last year and remeber they were pretty bland..sorry wasnt too too impressedwith them.but may try them again.
Fixed these yesterday to see how they might fare on a finger-food buffet, & believe me, they're GREAT! What a different kind of vegetable appetizer! The only change I made was to forgo the garlic salt & substitute some minced garlic & just a small amount of 'NoSalt!' Thank you for the wonderful recipe!