1/3 Photos of Cheddar-Cayenne Icebox Crackers
3 hrs 30 mins
These buttery, spicy crackers are easy to make and are exceptionally crunchy. The cracker recipe came from Williams&Sonoma.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, salt, and cayenne and pulse twice to mix.
- 2Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 pulses.
- 3Add the cheese and pulse twice to combine. With the motor running, pour in the cream and continue processing until the dough forms a single mass.
- 4Transfer the dough to a work surface and roll into a log about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
- 5Preheat oven to 325°F Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 6Cut the dough into 1/8 inch thick slices and place on the prepared baking sheet. If desired, using miniature decorative cutters, cut out the center of each slice, then place the cutouts on the baking sheet.
- 7Bake until the crackers are light golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- 8Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack. When the crackers are cool to the touch, transfer them to the rack.
- 9Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- 10Tip: Prepare the dough, shape into logs and refrigerate for up to 2 days before baking. If desired, bake the crackers up to 2 days in advance.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar-Cayenne Icebox Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (364 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.5
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 13.4 mg
- Sodium 151.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.7 g