Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A smooth, rich, warm treat made with white cheddar for a cold evening!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets (2 lb.)
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded
- toasted crusty bread
- In large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 5-7 minutes. Add cauliflower; cook, stirring occasionally, until light golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cream, 2 teaspoons salt, and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer until cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes.
- Using immersion blender, blend soup to a fine puree,3-5 minutes. Add cheese; stir until melted and well-combined with soup.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into individual bowls. Serve immediately with toasted bread.
Mmmmmm! This is fantastic! I used half and half in place of heavy cream and it was still rich and creamy. I used extra sharp white cheddar..... it was perfect. I will certainly make this again. Thanx!
I love cheese and cauliflower, and this hits both spots! Great with toasty bread as recommended, but croutons are great in a pinch. Yum!