Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
A good quick way to make a cauliflower side dish.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the cauliflower and water in a microwave-safe dish.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-1/2 minutes and stir.
- Cook 4-6 minutes longer or until tender.
- Combine sour cream, chives, salt and pepper and spoon over the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This is outrageously good! And I hate cauliflower!!! My husband and I ate the entire thing in one sitting.
This is a very tasty, easy dish that is sure to please everyone! I liked the chives and sour cream as a nice tangy sauce and enjoyed the thick cheese crust on top. Mmmm! I think I would have liked a bit mores seasoning, but not sure exactly what. Some garlic and nutmeg maybe. I used my oven and the stove top to prepare this as I dont have a microwave and it worked out very nicely. All in all a wonderful dish, that I will surely make again. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your recipe with us! Made and reviewed for Everyday Is A Holiday Tag Game June 2010.
this is a great find for me; i'm always looking for ways to use up cauliflower and that half-container of sour cream that always seems to be in my fridge! i used the microwave exclusively, and while i imagine baking would create a tasty crispiness i appreciated the "sauce" that resulted from the microwaving; we had corn on the cob with this and the corn soaked up the sauce nicely. i would be tempted to add garlic next time, but that's just personal preference. i did mix half the cheese in with the cauliflower and put half on top just for even coverage, and i only used 1 c because that's all i had. thanks for posting, i'm sure i'll revisit this! made for went to market 2008.