Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice comforting carrot casserole.
Make and share this Cheddar Carrot Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb carrot, peeled and sliced about 1 1/2-inch thick
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, DIVIDED
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Steam/cook carrots 10-12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked drained carrots and onion; coarsley mash (or mash smooth if desired).
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups ONLY of the cheese, pimento, parsley, salt, sugar, eggs and milk; mash/stir until well-combined.
- Place mixture into greased/sprayed shallow 2 quart baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over carrot mixture.
- Bake in preheated 325°F oven 30 minutes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over casserole and bake an additional 5 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
This is a very good carrot and onion casserole. I love the delicious taste of the cheddar cheese and red pimientos combined in the sauce. Next time I will add broccoli, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Parsley.