1/2 Photos of Cheddar Carrot Bake
A cheesy carrot casserole side dish that my kids love. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 907.18 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 78.07-118.29 ml finely minced onion
- 304.75 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 59.14 ml low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, sharp is really good
- 118.29 ml crushed cracker, about 1/2 sleeve
- 1.23 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml tarragon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- 1Cook/steam sliced carrots until fork-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Lightly grease/spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish; set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, onion, cheese soup, milk, egg, cheese, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, tarragon and nutmeg; mix well.
- 5Gently fold in the hot cooked carrots to the mixture.
- 6Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 7Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Carrot Bake
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 806.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g