Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cheesy carrot casserole side dish that my kids love. Easy to make.
- 907.18 g carrots, peeled and sliced
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 78.07-118.29 ml finely minced onion
- 304.75 g can cheddar cheese soup
- 59.14 ml low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese, sharp is really good
- 118.29 ml crushed cracker, about 1/2 sleeve
- 1.23 ml salt, to taste
- 1.23 ml pepper, to taste
- 2.46 ml tarragon
- 0.25 ml nutmeg
- Cook/steam sliced carrots until fork-tender; drain and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease/spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, onion, cheese soup, milk, egg, cheese, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, tarragon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Gently fold in the hot cooked carrots to the mixture.
- Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25-30 minutes.