Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A cheesy carrot casserole side dish that my kids love. Easy to make.
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp is really good
- 1⁄2 cup crushed cracker, about 1/2 sleeve
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- Cook/steam sliced carrots until fork-tender; drain and keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease/spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, onion, cheese soup, milk, egg, cheese, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, tarragon and nutmeg; mix well.
- Gently fold in the hot cooked carrots to the mixture.
- Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25-30 minutes.