1/2 Photos of Cheddar Carrot Bake
A cheesy carrot casserole side dish that my kids love. Easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3-1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sharp is really good
- 1/2 cup crushed cracker, about 1/2 sleeve
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1Cook/steam sliced carrots until fork-tender; drain and keep warm.
- 2Preheat oven to 375.
- 3Lightly grease/spray a 2 1/2 qt casserole dish; set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, onion, cheese soup, milk, egg, cheese, crushed crackers, salt, pepper, tarragon and nutmeg; mix well.
- 5Gently fold in the hot cooked carrots to the mixture.
- 6Turn mixture into prepared casserole dish.
- 7Bake, uncovered at 375 for 25-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Carrot Bake
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 82.4 mg
- Sodium 806.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 10.2 g