Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A lo carb veggie dish that I have not tried yet, listing it here for safe-keeping. This came from The Carbohydrate Addict's Cookbook.It sounds like something warm and satisfying for a cold winter's day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups coarsly chopped cabbage
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add cabbage, celery, onion and saute 7 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Coat a 10 by 6 inch baking dish with remaining 1 TBS of olive oil and add cabbage mixture.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, cheese, salt, eggs, and egg white, stirring well. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Combine parsley and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over cabbage mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
What a unique and delicious way to make cabbage! I used the milk, not the cream and I'm sure I used extra cheese. I looked like it might be too eggy..... and it IS eggy, but not too extreme. I'll be making this again. Thanx!