Prep 18 mins
Cook 9 mins
This is different.
- 8 slices French bread, 1/2 inch thick each
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Spread 4 slices of bread evenly with marmalade.
- Top each with 1 slice of Canadian bacon.
- Add a slice of cheese, top with remaining bread.
- Beat eggs in pie plate.
- Stir in orange juice and brown sugar mixing well.
- Dip sandwiches into batter until soaked.
- Heat butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sandwiches about 5 minutes on each side until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- When done you can add extra jam.