Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Taste of Home magazine.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip or 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, cheese, and onion.
- In a separate bowl combine Miracle Whip, sugar, and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
This is wonderful! I only made one change. I added 12 bacon strips, crisply fried and crumbled. I stirred them in just before serving. I have a sister in law that does that and it adds so much more to the flavor. Thanks for the recipe, as I have never gotten one written down.
Great salad. Didn't refrigerate for four hours, just put it in the freezer for 15 minutes. The sugar was still a little grainy but no big deal. DH loved it too.
I added black olives, grape tomatoes cut in half, and "Real" bacon bits to ours. Yummy!