Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Get your kids to eat broccoli with this dish :P
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups corn flakes, crushed and divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen broccoli spears, cooked and drained
- Melt 2 T margarine in large saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk graduallly, stirring until smooth.
- Increase heat to medium and cook until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese, stirring until melted.
- Stir in 1/4 c corn flakes and corn and remove from heat.
- Arrange broccoli in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2" (2 quart) glass baking dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over broccoli.
- Melt remaining margarine in saucepan; stir in remaining cereal.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 350 F 30 minutes or until heated.