Recipe by senseicheryl
I received an email this morning from my Pampered Chef Consultant and this is one of the recipes that was featured. Here is what the email said: September is National Rice Month - "Rice is a good choice for a healthy diet. It is a good source of complex carbohydrates and can help you achieve a reduced fat diet." --American Dietetic Association Rice protein, when compared to that of other grains, is considered one of the highest quality proteins. It has all eight of the essential amino acids, necessary building blocks for strong muscles. Rice is also a good source of other essential nutrients - thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorus, iron, and potassium. For more information, visit http://www.usarice.com/consumer/nutrition.html and enjoy this recipe from our Cookware Product Use and Care card.
Top Review by Abbs <3
So yummy! My boyfriend and I looooved this. Next time, we're going to add some garlic, but this recipe is just the right amount of cheesy for us. We both thought it was absolutely delicious.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (or frozen)
- 2 cups instant long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt, 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper and paprika.
- Heat oil in Large Skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chicken breasts; cook 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
- Add milk, soup, broccoli and remaining black pepper to skillet; mix well.
- Bring to a boil; stir in rice.
- Top with chicken; cover with lid.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Sprinkle cheese over chicken and rice.
- Cover with lid; let stand 5 minutes before serving.