Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the recipe book A Man, A Can, A Plan. I served this over rice to rave reviews from my family, including the picky children. I couldn't find a 9-oz can of chedder cheese dip (the pic showed Fritos brand), so I used half a 16 oz jar of medium spiced Tostito brand cheese dip. I typed the recipe instructions as he had them in the cookbook, but I cooked my chicken for a bit longer than 5 minutes, and I added a bit of water to the pan with the vegetables so they didn't burn.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenders
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 10 ounces fat free chicken gravy
- 9 ounces cheddar cheese dip
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- Toss the chicken with the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over med-high heat in a skillet sprayed with cookie spray until browned all over, 5 minutes or so.
- Remove chicken to a plate.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the broccoli and onions to the pan.
- Cover and cook 2-3 minutes, or until the broccoli is bright green.
- Dump in the gravy and cheese dip, scraping the pan bottom.
- Reduce heat to med-low and stir in the chicken and any juices from the plate.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
We really liked this recipe a lot. It's very easy to do and the flavor was great. I substituted the cheddar cheese dip for 2% velvetta because I had it in the house. I will be making this again
I made this for family and it went over ok! Not sure what to change but I felt it needed something.
I made this for dinner last night. VERY tasty! My suggestions for future cooks: Cut the broccoli small if you are following the posted times OR adjust your times to make sure that the broccoli is cooked to your liking. I also used a Salsa Queso dip. I added some milk during the last few minutes of cooking to create a more "saucy" consistency. We had it over egg noodles and it was a great, quick meal.