Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from the cookbook that came with my Cuisinart ABM I got for a wedding present! I can't wait to make these! NOTE: The yield is only a guess as it depends on how long you make them. Also, cook time does not including resting time for dough, or time in the bread machine.
- 177.44 ml water, room temperature
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 7.39 ml salt
- 2.46 ml granulated sugar
- 709.77 ml bread flour
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 11.09 ml yeast (active dry, instant or bread machine)
- Place ingredients, in the order recommended by your manufacturer, into the bread pan (mine is liquids first).
- Press the menu button to select the dough program.
- When cycle is completed, remove dough from machine and transfer to a lightly floured surface and punch down to deflate.
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick, 10 inches long and 22 inches wide.
- Roll the rectangle so that its width runs from left to right.
- With a pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut strips that are each ½- inch wide.
- Twist each strip so it resembles a cheese straw.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and cover with plastic and allow to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Once breadsticks have rested brush with olive oil and bake until golden about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
"OMG, these are good!" said DH, and so they are. They are extremely flavorful, and the dough is easy to work with. I'd like to try these as mini breadsticks. Thanks for posting!
What an easy and delicious recipe!! The whole family devoured them and were hinting that I make more. Thanks so much SarahBeth! :)
I had some problems with the dough but I think it's my machine that goes wrong cause the last time she did the same. I'll have to watch it. I had to do the breadsticks in 2 batches cause I had so many. Maybe DH rolled it too much. It tastes great :) Thanks SarahBeth :) Made for Holiday tag