Crafty Lady 13's Note:
Tender, flaky, cheesy biscuits are no longer an indulgence to avoid. Perfect for Asparagus, Prosciutto and Arugula Breakfast Sandwiches and Biscuits and Country Sausage Gravy (both recipes are diabetic friendly). From Spring 2013 Diabetic Living magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter pieces, yogurt and oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese, Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- 2Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it just until dough holds together. Pat dough into an 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise in half. Cut each half crosswise into four biscuits to make eight biscuits total. Place biscuits 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- 3Bake about 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- 4To Store: Place any remaining biscuits in an airtight container. Cover and store up to 2 days or freeze up to 2 months.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Biscuits from Diabetic Living
Serving Size: 1 (463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.2
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: