Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
- 2 cups unbleached flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, sharp, grated
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together and mix with the grated cheddar cheese.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients, add the milk and mix quickly but thoroughly.
- The dough should be soft.
- Turn onto a floured board and knead lightly for a few seconds.
- Pat to a 3/8-inch thickness and cut.
- Bake on a baking sheet in a hot-oven (425°F) about 11-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve hot.