Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are very light and airy, good for lunch with just a salad.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder& Italian seasoning, parsley, scallions and cheese.
- Add yogurt to mixture.
- Stir just until ingredients are lightly blended& hold together.
- (Do not overmix!).
- On lightly floured board, knead dough a few times until smooth.
- Pat into 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut 3 inch round circles and place on buttered baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes or until biscuits are lightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Good Cheddar biscuits but I found them too salty for my taste although my DH thought they were great, he likes a lot of salt. I will probably make them again but either leave the salt out or use much less, nice to have a recipe that uses yugurt, we liked the taste of the italian seasoning, parsley, scallions and of course the cheese. For future reference, had to watch them in the oven very closely and took them out at 11 minutes, 15 minutes would have turned them into rocks. Thanks for sharing.