Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in a Kraft "What's Cooking" magazine and tried it out today - my husband absolutely loved these. Definitely a make again.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 9.85 ml dried parsley or 9.85 ml dried basil or 9.85 ml dried rosemary (or 2 Tbsp fresh, or whatever ever you fancy)
- 250 g package cream cheese
- 118.29 ml milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Cut in cream cheese to form crumbly mixture.
- Stir in milk until dough holds together.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface and pat or roll in 1/2 inch thick circle.
- Cut biscuits out with a 2 inch cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Brush each biscuit lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
MMMmmmmMMM: I just made these biscuits...I added the parsley and for the cheese I added Kraft TexMex...It was yummy.....I also melted 1/2 cup butter with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and added it too the top of the biscuits when I took them out of the oven....Yumm~o!!!
For Adopt-a-Chef: Jaime, great recipe with lots of possibilities for additions to change the flavor. Garlic would definitely be one. Loved the ease of making (I put everything in the food process, VOILA..a dough ball in seconds) I did use 3/4 cup of Cheddar and it worked well. These came out of the oven light, high and tasty. Thanks for posting this recipe. Caroline