Recipe by Jaime in Winnipeg
I found this recipe in a Kraft "What's Cooking" magazine and tried it out today - my husband absolutely loved these. Definitely a make again.
Top Review by Jenny Dee
MMMmmmmMMM: I just made these biscuits...I added the parsley and for the cheese I added Kraft TexMex...It was yummy.....I also melted 1/2 cup butter with 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder and added it too the top of the biscuits when I took them out of the oven....Yumm~o!!!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley or 2 teaspoons dried basil or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary (or 2 Tbsp fresh, or whatever ever you fancy)
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Cut in cream cheese to form crumbly mixture.
- Stir in milk until dough holds together.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface and pat or roll in 1/2 inch thick circle.
- Cut biscuits out with a 2 inch cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Brush each biscuit lightly with beaten egg.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes or until lightly browned.