Recipe by Chef Kiddle
I don't like apple pie, but I sure love peach cobbler!!! I got this from a magazine and changed it a little. It's a fun twist on traditional peach cobbler.
- 4 lbs fresh peaches, peeled, sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the peaches, lemon juice, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Mix well. Transfer mixture to a 9x13x2 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Combine the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Mix well and sprinkle on peaches mixture. Dot with the 3 tablespoons cold butter. Bake in 400 degree oven, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- While the peach mixture is cooking, combine the biscuit mix and cheese in a bowl. Add milk and melted butter to biscuit mixture. Stir until blended.
- After peach mixture has cooked for 15 minutes, take out of oven and drop the biscuit mixture onto peach mixture by tablespoonfuls.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.
- (*The original recipe said you can substitute 8 cups of frozen peaches for the fresh peaches, but I thought it was awful that way.).