Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Here's a wonderful dessert for those fresh peaches that are now available. Frozen peaches could also be used. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 4 lbs fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or 8 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In large bowl, combine the peaches, lemon juice and extract.
- Transfer to a greased 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt; sprinkle over peaches.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, combine biscuit mix and cheese.
- Combine milk and butter; stir into biscuit mixture just until blended.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto hot peach mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes longer or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Serve warm.