- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and celery until soft and transparent.
- Saute the diced carrots until tender but still a little crisp.
- Place sauteed vegetables in a large stockpot or Dutch oven; add chicken stock. Place over medium heat.
- Combine Cheddar cheese with flour; stir mixture slowly into hot broth.
- Add Tabasco, dry mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add beer; heat through and serve.