Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hubby looks forward to this soup. Serve it with sandwiches on a cold day.
Make and share this Cheddar Beer Soup recipe from Food.com.
- Saute onion and celery until soft and transparent.
- Saute the diced carrots until tender but still a little crisp.
- Place sauteed vegetables in a large stockpot or Dutch oven; add chicken stock. Place over medium heat.
- Combine Cheddar cheese with flour; stir mixture slowly into hot broth.
- Add Tabasco, dry mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add beer; heat through and serve.
Made this twice it was very good. We felt t needed more cheese. We used a guiness black lager. Served with homemade croutons. We added more cheese for flavor and to thicken.
Amazing soup. So rich and thick! I did not use celery, but added new white potatoes (cooked them first and cut up into smll pieces) I used Coors light beer. I added more worchester sauce and extra dry mustard and a bit of hot pepper juice (I didn't have tabasco). Reviews said that this soup was a bit watery, so I added about 5c broth, rather than 6. Soup turned out lovely and thick and delicious.
I liked this quite well. i did not use celery, so added more carrots and celery. This was a little thin for me and I think I might reduce the amount of stock or add some potato or other veggie next time. I used O'Doul's, a nonalcoholic beer, which added a very nice flavor to the soup.