Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good bread from Aces, one of the cookbooks in the Best of Bridge series. It's very good with a hearty soup.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces beer
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the beer) until well mixed.
- Add beer a quarter at a time until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 4x8 inch loaf pan and smooth down with fork.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm with soup or stew.
Excellent quick bread! Have made it many times with home brew. We prefer it with a lighter beer, but it works well with dark beers too. Even better with some spice from pickled jalapenos or hot smoked paprika!
Nice Bread! Cheese and onions go together well in this bread. I made it in a round pan since DH likes thin bread and halved the recipe. (DH drank the remaining beer! LOL) Prepared as a participant in the April 2008 Photo Forum Flour Challenge.
This is very good and easy to make. It was great on a cold afternoon at home. I followed the ingredients exactly. Made for 1,2,3, Wonders Tag 2008.