Recipe by lazyme
This is a good bread from Aces, one of the cookbooks in the Best of Bridge series. It's very good with a hearty soup.
Top Review by lnspellman
Excellent quick bread! Have made it many times with home brew. We prefer it with a lighter beer, but it works well with dark beers too. Even better with some spice from pickled jalapenos or hot smoked paprika!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Combine all the ingredients (except the beer) until well mixed.
- Add beer a quarter at a time until all ingredients are blended.
- Spoon into a greased and floured 4x8 inch loaf pan and smooth down with fork.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm with soup or stew.