Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. I forget what the original name was, but my family didn't like it so we changed it to something they found a little more appealing.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 3⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes (1-3/4 pounds)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Velveeta cheese (process cheese )
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, brown beef; drain and set aside.
- In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1.
- tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add broth, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, melt remaining butter.
- Add flour;cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- Add to soup; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add cheese, milk,salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
- Yield: 8 servings (2-1/4 quarts).