Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a take on the red lobster biscuits, I found it on a website but I had to tweak it to what I had in the house since I wasn't about to drive a 45 minute round trip to make the recipe work as written. I have since made them both ways...but I like mine better!
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups grated cheddar cheese (extra sharp is great if you have it)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with tall sides and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt. Mix well.
- Add in garlic, cayenne pepper and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Work in softened butter with a pastry blender or grate FROZEN butter into the mixture on a small size.
- After making sure that the butter is evenly distributed in the dry ingredients.
- Add in cheese and stir to combine and coat the cheese with the dry mixture.
- Add the sour cream and buttermilk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- In 9x13 pan scoop out biscuits to make 20 evenly sized biscuits.
- Take the last four ingredients (butter, garlic, parsley, paprika and salt) and melt in a small pan over medium low heat or in the microwave until butter melts and combine the mixture.
- Spoon half the butter mixture over the bisccuits.
- Bake at 450 for 25 minutes or until done.
- After you remove the biscuits out of the oven spoon the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits and enjoy!