These are a take on the red lobster biscuits, I found it on a website but I had to tweak it to what I had in the house since I wasn't about to drive a 45 minute round trip to make the recipe work as written. I have since made them both ways...but I like mine better!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/4 cups grated cheddar cheese (extra sharp is great if you have it)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash salt
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan with tall sides and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar and salt. Mix well.
- 3Add in garlic, cayenne pepper and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- 4Work in softened butter with a pastry blender or grate FROZEN butter into the mixture on a small size.
- 5After making sure that the butter is evenly distributed in the dry ingredients.
- 6Add in cheese and stir to combine and coat the cheese with the dry mixture.
- 7Add the sour cream and buttermilk to the bowl and mix until just combined.
- 8In 9x13 pan scoop out biscuits to make 20 evenly sized biscuits.
- 9Take the last four ingredients (butter, garlic, parsley, paprika and salt) and melt in a small pan over medium low heat or in the microwave until butter melts and combine the mixture.
- 10Spoon half the butter mixture over the bisccuits.
- 11Bake at 450 for 25 minutes or until done.
- 12After you remove the biscuits out of the oven spoon the remaining butter mixture over the biscuits and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Bay Biscuits, My Way
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 910.1
- Calories from Fat 558
- Total Fat 62.0 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 169.5 mg
- Sodium 1161.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 20.6 g