Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These burgers have a real cowboy taste to them.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 12 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Mix first four ingredients together.
- Shape into 12 hamburger patties.
- Grill on each side for 3 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- The last few seconds of cooking top with cheddar cheese.
- When done place on toasted sesame-seed hamburger buns.
These were good and easy to make. I only had a pound of hamburger so cut the recipe. I made five burgers with the pound of meat. I used 1/8 cup of bbq sauce and 1/4 teaspoon of everything else. We all enjoyed these. They were really moist.
These were very good. We altered the recipe as we only wanted to make 2 burgers. We used 1/8 tsp of the garlic pwr, salt and pepper. As for the bbq sauce, I tried to use only a little bit - about 1/16 of a cup. They turned out wonderful and we can't wait to make them again!
These were very good, though I altered it a bit. I used 2 lbs of beef but left the seasonings the same - I like really flavorful burgers. I also added about 1 tsp of montreal steak seasoning. I think the BBQ sauce keeps the burgers moist. I served these on whole-wheat buns, with Baked Beans & Grilled Corn With Seasoned Butter (4 Different Kinds of Butter).