Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe out of a magazine at work. I haven't tried it yet, but it has cheese and bacon so it has to be good! LOL
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium heat.
- Add rice.
- Cook 2 minutes or until rice turns translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add 1/2 cup chicken broth and simmer until it is absorbed, stirring frequently.
- Add broth 1/2-1 cup at a time, simmering and stirring until it is absorbed with each addition.
- When rice is tender (about 20 minutes) add cheese.
- Stir until melted.
- Stir is bacon and scallions.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper as you like.
Never made Risotto, made this recipe DELISH!!!