Top Review by Mysterygirl
A couple of suggestionsn, first this needs salt & pepper. Second, next time I will slice my potatos thinner and make more layers of cheese, bacon and onions. Also I will put the butter on each layer of potatos for the most effect and end with a layer of cheese on top. The flavor combination is good and the dish is very easy to make.
- 10 -12 medium baking potatoes
- 1 lb bacon, thickly sliced
- 4 -5 large onions, sliced fairly thick
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub potatoes and slice thick without peeling.
- Put potatoes in cold water and cover.
- Slice onions.
- Fry bacon.
- Remove bacon and discard drippings.
- In a large casserole dish, spray with nonstick cooking spray, place cooked and drained bacon on bottom of dish.
- Drain potato slices and layer in casserole alternating with onions, bacon and cheese.
- Top with butter.
- Bake in oven at 325 degrees for 1-1/2 hours or until potatoes are tender.