Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
not tried this, but they sound tempting
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (old is best)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook bacon til crisp.
- Drain well, reserving 1 Tbps drippings.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cheese and cooked bacon.
- In small bowl combine egg, milk, butter and reserved bacon drippings.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir til moistened.
- Fill greased muffin pans, cook 400F 25-30 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter.