Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Form this cheese and bacon mixture into either a log or a ball for an easy appetizer during the holidays.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 -4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled crisply cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce in large bowl on medium speed, scraping bowl often, until smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- Stir in cheese, bacon and green onions by hand.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Form cheese mixture into log shape or cheese ball; roll in pecans to coat.
- Wrap in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with crackers.
Outstanding, MarieAlice! I just made this and naturally had to taste it (a cracker just jumped into my hand!), and it was so full of flavour. I didn't have any green onions so just used regular onions and added 2 tbsp. of finely chopped celery. Didn't use the pecans either (personal preferance).But none of this mattered. All I can say is if it tastes this good now....I can't wait for later when I take it to a birthday party! Thanks so much for this keeper. I'll make this one often!
This was gorgeous. Made it for my football party on the weekend and it was very favorably received by all who tasted it. I served it with a mixture of crackers and wished I had made more as it dissappeared very quickly! Thanks!