Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for pot-lucks or parties.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- tortilla chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream.
- Spread in an ungreased 13x9 inch dish.
- Combine onions, tomatoes, and green pepper; sprinkle over the cream cheese layer.
- Pour taco sauce over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
First to go at family gatherings very easy to make loved by all ages
Mmmm....I think the bacon is indeed the secret weapon. My DH who doesn't care for cream cheese even liked this. Served with Tostitos Gold chips (am just discovering them), and it was delish!
My best friend and I almost made ourselves sick from eating too much of this yummy dip. We just couldn't stop. We were supposed to be wallpapering the bathroom but kept taking "snack breaks". This dip was fabulous and just a little different from the usual layered dips I have tried. I doctored the taco sauce with some hot sauce to spicen it up. The bacon is the secret weapon and is what gives this dip its compelling quality. We did get finished with the bathroom but no thanks to this dip.