Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My favorite cheddar bacon broccoli quiche recipes. Easy to make when you use a pre-made crust. Omit the bacon to turn this into a vegetarian quiche. Use Swiss or Emmenthal cheese for a milder, but still tangy flavor.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, for single 9-inch one-crust pie
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (about 12 slices)
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli (fresh or frozen, finely chopped)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I like Sharp)
- 1⁄3 cup onion, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 425°.
- Prepare pastry for one-crust pie (if using mix or homemade crust recipe) and bake as directed in 9" pie plate or quiche pan.
- Layer bacon, onion, broccoli and cheese evenly over bottom of pie crust.
- Mix together remaining ingredients.
- Beat well to really mix the eggs using a whisk or blend in the blender at low speed.
- Pour over other ingredients in pie crust shell.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 300°.
- Bake quiche 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let pie stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting.