Smurfetta Chef #427781's Note:
My favorite cheddar bacon broccoli quiche recipes. Easy to make when you use a pre-made crust. Omit the bacon to turn this into a vegetarian quiche. Use Swiss or Emmenthal cheese for a milder, but still tangy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, for single 9-inch one-crust pie
- 1/2 lb bacon, fried crisp and crumbled (about 12 slices)
- 1/2 cup broccoli (fresh or frozen, finely chopped)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated (I like Sharp)
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1Heat oven to 425°.
- 2Prepare pastry for one-crust pie (if using mix or homemade crust recipe) and bake as directed in 9" pie plate or quiche pan.
- 3Layer bacon, onion, broccoli and cheese evenly over bottom of pie crust.
- 4Mix together remaining ingredients.
- 5Beat well to really mix the eggs using a whisk or blend in the blender at low speed.
- 6Pour over other ingredients in pie crust shell.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes.
- 8Reduce the heat to 300°.
- 9Bake quiche 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 10Let pie stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.6
- Calories from Fat 424
- Total Fat 47.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.3 g
- Cholesterol 221.3 mg
- Sodium 703.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 12.0 g