1/1 Photo of Cheddar Bacon and Green Onion Muffins
These muffins are fabulous eaten just baked warm out of the oven... great to serve warm with stew or soup or anything! They freeze well for up to 1 month, just warm before serving. Use a slightly heaping tablespoon of baking powder for this recipe. If you like heat add in 1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper. Prep time does not include cooking bacon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 slices bacon
- 1 cup old cheddar cheese, grated (grate about 2-3 tablespoons extra cheese on a fine grater to use for topping)
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (slightly heaping)
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1Set oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease 12 muffins tins or line with pappers.
- 4Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp; drain and let cool, then crumble into small pieces (this can be done well in advance or even a day ahead).
- 5In a small bowl combine 2-3 tablespoons crumbled bacon and about 2-3 tablespoons cheddar cheese; set aside.
- 6In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in the remaining cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon; mix to combine.
- 8Whisk together, milk, oil, sour cream and eggs, then add/mix in green onions.
- 9Pour over the dry ingredients; stir JUST until moistened.
- 10Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- 11Sprinkle with reserved bacon/cheese mixture on top of the batter.
- 12Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Bacon and Green Onion Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 412.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 8.1 g