Great breakfast or light dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 6 ounces almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 slices bacon (cooked)
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli (cooked according to package)
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Place a baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat.
- 3Mix melted butter into ground almonds.
- 4Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of an 9" pie pan.
- 5Bake on heated baking sheet in oven until lightly browned (15 minutes).
- 6Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- 7Heat the olive oil in skillet and cook the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Mix together bacon, onions, and broccoli and spread mixture over the base of the pie; then, sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- 9Combine eggs, cream, cottage cheese, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- 10Pour this mixture over the base slowly so that it doesn't overflow (you may not need all of the mixture).
- 11Place the quiche back onto the baking sheet in the oven and bake until it has risen, slightly browned and set in the middle (about 30 minutes).
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar, Bacon, and Broccoli Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.7
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 130.3 mg
- Sodium 562.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.6 g