Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great breakfast or light dinner.
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 6 ounces almonds, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 5 -6 slices bacon (cooked)
- 8 ounces frozen broccoli (cooked according to package)
- 6 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large eggs
- 4 ounces heavy cream
- 4 ounces cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place a baking sheet in the oven to pre-heat.
- Mix melted butter into ground almonds.
- Spread this mixture evenly in the bottom of an 9" pie pan.
- Bake on heated baking sheet in oven until lightly browned (15 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Heat the olive oil in skillet and cook the onion over a low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix together bacon, onions, and broccoli and spread mixture over the base of the pie; then, sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Combine eggs, cream, cottage cheese, mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in mixing bowl; beat at medium speed until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the base slowly so that it doesn't overflow (you may not need all of the mixture).
- Place the quiche back onto the baking sheet in the oven and bake until it has risen, slightly browned and set in the middle (about 30 minutes).