Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I just made a batch of these muffins and had to share the recipe. They are a not "too sweet" muffin. They are perfect with a cup of tea on chilly winter or fall night!
- 2 cups baking mix (Bisquik)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl combine baking mix, sugar, and cinnamon.
- In a seperate bowl combine egg, applesauce, milk, oil and cheese.
- Add to dry ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Grease or spray muffin pan.
- Fill each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 min or until light golden.
- Cool muffins in pan for 10 minutes.
- Run sharp knife around muffin to loosen and remove from pan.
Yummy! SO easy to prepare, not too sweet...just a nice treat with my tea.
These are a great, quick and easy breakfast. I used muffin papers to make them easy to remove and omitted the walnuts.