- 1 pastry for single-crust pie
- 4 large baking apples, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese or 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cold butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll pastry to fit a greased 12-inch pizza pan; flute edges.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Combine brown sugar, walnuts, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over cheese.
- Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cut into wedges; serve warm.