katie in the UP's Note:
This was an entry in RSC #10.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for single-crust pie
- 4 large apples, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices (approx 5 cups)
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 1Roll pastry to approx 12 inches (you can use a pizza pan or baking stone).
- 2Bake crust at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- 3Arrange apples in a single layer in a circular pattern to completely cover pastry.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Combine brown sugar, pecans, spices, raisins and maple syrup in a small bowl.
- 6Sprinkle brown sugar mixture over apples and cheese.
- 7Cut butter into small pieces and dot top of pizza.
- 8Bake for 20 minutes longer or until apples are tender.
- 9Cut into wedges; serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheddar Apple Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.6
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 10.0 mg
- Sodium 129.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 2.8 g