- 4 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mustard (we used dejong)
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 8 slices multi-grain bread (we used 100% whole wheat)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded (about 4 ounces)
- 8 slices ham or 8 slices turkey
- 1 large apple, cored and thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and honey; spread on one side of each slice of bread. Layer cheese on 4 bread slices; top each with 2 slices of ham, apple slices and remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches in half. Use any apple slices left to garnish.
- (If to be used in a lunch box, add apple slices to mayonnaise mixture and coat so that they won't turn brown. If needed use a little butter or margarine on bread slices.).