Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a different twist on a traditional bread pudding. I wasn't sure how anyone would like it but we made it over the weekend with apples that Mom brought back from their vacation to Washington state and the whole family LOVED it.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, plus more to sprinkle
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 7 slices white bread (crusts removed, cut into cubes(I use French bread)
- 1 large apple (peeled, cored and cubed)
- 2⁄3 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8 inch square pan.
- In large bowl whisk eggs.
- Add sugar, milk, melted butter, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk again until sugar is dissolved.
- Add bread, apple and cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Put in buttered dish and bake 35 - 40 minutes until golden and set all the way through.
- Dust with additional cinnamon and confectioner's sugar (if desired).
- This is also good covered in warm syrup.