Recipe by breezermom
This recipe is full of good things! Fruit and cheese!
Top Review by taborwrites
I baked this for a friend who was recovering from heart surgery. I never delivered it because it was dense and heavy; I expected the tartness of apples and that was lost. Forget the cheese, it apparently went on vacation. The birds liked it. I would have been better served to use my standby banana bread recipe and substitute the apples and cheese.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first five ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter and eggs. Stir well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until blended.
- Stir in cheese, apple, and pecans. Pour into a greased and floured 9x5x3 inch breadpan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cook in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.