Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Using an electric mixer, beat shortening on medium speed, until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add in egg, beating until blended.
- Stir in pie filling.
- In another bowl, combine flour and next 4 ingredients; gradually add to apple mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir well after each addition; stir in cheese and walnuts.
- Spoon batter into a greased 9x5 inch loafpan.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 50 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove bread from pan and cool completely on wire rack.